Another day, Another alleged scam in Atlanta. Not Just Atlanta — A Real Housewife from Atlanta: Cynthia Bailey had a contest on her“The Bailey Agency School of Fashion“Website for “Bailey’s Babies” which was for kids and babies to enter a photo contest.
Here is what the website looked like then:
Click To See What Page Looks Like Now
Click Photo To See What Page Looks Like Now
READ: NENE LEAKES CONNECTED TO CHARITY NOT REGISTERED WITH THE IRS
According to the website to enter the contest, the participant had to: Steps to Enter: 1. Pay $20 entry/processing fee by clicking here. 2. Once payment of entry/processing fee is completed, email ONE photo of your child to [email protected]3. In your email, please put the AGE CATEGORY in the SUBJECT LINE. In the body of your email please include the following: a. Your child’s name b. Your name c. Your child’s age and birthday with the year d. Contact phone number e. Contact email address f. Location: City, State 4. If your child is selected as a winner, you will be contacted. If your child is not selected as a winner, you may participate in the next month’s contest. You are allowed to send a different photo. 5. Due to the large amount of submissions, we are unable to take phone calls confirming receipt of your entry. If you do not receive an error message via email, we have successfully received your entry. 6. All entries for each month are due by the first day of the previous month. Winners will be announced by the 10th day of each month. All photos sent should be good photo quality. Professional photos are appreciated but not mandatory. NOTE: You do not have to be a resident of Atlanta to enter.The contest is open to anyone who meets the age restrictions. Good luck! Sounds Simple, right? According to Atlanta CBSDorothy Lewis; Dorothy entered her granddaughter in the “Bailey’s Baby” contest and claims Cynthia’s Bailey company is accepting money for services but the company isn’t keeping up its end of the bargain and had not picked a winner since September of 2013 — but kept on collecting the money. Cynthia Bailey responded and said the site only had 79 entries and proceeds were going to Atlanta Diapers — A charity that recently unfolded. Cynthia of course did not like Dorothy Lewis going to the news (what else was Dorothy to do?) and said the website has since been updated. Watch the video below CBS46 NewsCBS46 News
That is not the end of it as far as we here at RealityTvScandals is/are concerned.
1. Any reputable “modeling” or “Fashion” agency would never request a fee.
2. It is not the the CHILD’S fault that there were not that many entries. Cynthia stated that there were only 79 entries. Guess what? There is only one winner a month!
3. Speaking of not enough “entries” as is says on Cynthia’s site back then (see photo above) and as it says now; “5. Due to the large amount of submissions, we are unable to take phone calls confirming receipt of your entry. ” Which is it Cynthia?
The program is not revenue driven. The Bailey Babies Contest was created in the spirit of giving moms with young babies a platform to give their children exposure. This was a fun & inexpensive way to involve young babies in the school since they are obviously too young to participate in any of the other school programs that are offered. The program was also developed for the purpose of extending our brand out to people outside of the Atlanta area that support and want to be a part of The Bailey Agency. I apologize for any negligence on my part as far as my staff not keeping the website properly updated. I hope after receiving all the correct and updated information from me personally, you can appreciate the sincerity of my intentions.”
6. Not only should Cynthia be getting “Charity” involved in a “Baby Contest” Cynthia still has an obligation to pay and select the winners. 79 entries times $20 each = 1,580 The winners If you don’t collect enough money — who’s fault is that? According to Cynthia, it’s her “staff” Sadly for Cynthia, her name is on the building — it’s her fault. Doesn’t or didn’t the web site state it would be judged by industry professionals? Is it their fault also?
7. Don’t use Charity as the excuse.
8. Speaking of “Charity”, the “Charity” is to come second. It’s called, “Bailey’s Babies”
This is not the first time a someone from The Real Housewives of Atlanta has been accused of a scam/scandal (click to read)
9. Cynthia only spoke up and re did the website when CBS came knocking on her door.